I have met many, many economists and academics committed to overcoming the past problems of culture within Economics. However, it would be a disservice to leave the aspiring economist unaware of the challenges within the discipline. To read more about one group trying to improve things, please visit the Sadie Collective.
- Claudia Sahm’s comprehensive blog post “Economics is a Disgrace“
- Claudia Sahm on a quantitative view of women in economics
- The AEA’s Climate Survey
- Lisa Cook and Anna Gifty Opoku-Agyeman’s NYT article on the climate survey
- A conversation with Anna Gifty Opoku-Agyeman and Lisa Cook on the Economics climate
- Alice Wu’s paper of economist’s language about women on a (then) popular forum
- As an aside, avoid EJMR like the plague